I'm an actress !

Theatre Festival


Every Saturday, in the afternoon, I go to Heiligenstein for two hours of theatre with my friend Marie. Jaromir Knittel, my teacher is very nice. He is Czech and he speaks with a Czech accent.

In March, this year, me and my group went to the Czech Republic to take part in a theatre competition. It was a French Festival. Other groups represented other countries. There was: Italy, Roumania, Poland, Hungary and lots of Czech Republic groups. We were younger than all the participants and the only French group.
Every play was performed in French. It was nice because the other groups had learnt their lines in French.
We played a musical called Cats. In the play, we danced, sang and we played comedy. It was difficult because we learnt the play in one month. But it was nice. I sang with my friend Marie in a duo and it was beautiful.
All of my group was made up as cats and we had costumes.
At the end of our performance, all the public stood up and applauded for ten minutes. It was magical.
When the Festival ended, the prize giving took place and we had the first prize.
“The public’s prize”!
The Jury gave each person of my group a diploma with their name, and our teacher received theatre books.
Then, we returned to France to announce our success.


By Joy BAUER

No comments: